10 Jul 2017

Comparison Review: Primera Free & Free vs. Free & Free Soft Foam


I wonder does all of you use feminine wash, and if so, which brands do you use? I read somewhere that you are not supposed to use a feminine wash because your private area has self-cleansing properties. Using any of those would disrupt the pH balance of this area and causes further complications. However, your private areas might become sensitive and is infected whenever your body's immune system goes down, particularly due to hectic lifestyle, stress or poor diet. And that's when you need a feminine wash.

I talked about feminine wash from the brand Hanyul in my previous review, which I don't like. Today, I am gonna touch on two feminine wash from the brand Primera which I really enjoy. I also used the more affordable local brand Lactacyd but I find Primera one works better.

There are two Primera feminine wash that I've tried, so this is gonna be a comparison review and a detailed review of each of them respectively.


Primera Free & Free



Primera Free & Free is a gel-type feminine wash. It doesn't lather into soft foam like Hanyul but you'll still feel that it is clean afterwards. It has a mild acidic pH which resembles the optimal pH of your private area. Bacterial normally cannot survive under acidic condition hence it will reduce bacteria-induced inflammation and itchiness.



Primera claims that this is made of patented oligo-lacto care system, which can boost the skin's natural defense system using artemisia vulgaris sprout, lotus leaf extract and chlorhexidine gluconate solution. It is also infused with essential oils to reduce unpleasant odour.



[INGREDIENTS ANALYSIS] Water, Butylene Glycol, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Disodium EDTA, Alpha-Glucan Oligosaccharide, Houttuynia Cordata Extract, Nelumbo Nucifera Germ Extract, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Extract, Artemisia Vulgaris Extract, Dioscorea Japonica Root Extract, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Sprout Extract, Lauryl Glucoside, Lactic Acid, Sodium Lauryl Glucose Carboxylate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Chlorhexidine Digluconate, Polysorbate 20, Propanediol, Peg-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Fragrance



The product took me a good 10 months to finish, so if you divide the price, this thing only costs you less than RM 10 per month. What's more the extra gifts you get purchasing from Gmarket, so I would say this is a reasonable deal.



It cleanses my private area really well, and I do feel that my skin is more balanced and less prone to itchiness over prolonged use. I also really like its scent which is kinda herbal and refreshing. A wonderful feminine wash I must say.

Next, we have the Free & Free Soft Foam if you prefer foaming-type feminine wash:

Primera Free & Free Soft Foam


I had high hope on this, because it is foaming-type cleanser, and I really like the Free & Free. Although this doesn't disappoint, but I must say that this is a different product than the Free & Free. The scent, texture and ingredients are completely different.


Everything from the packaging to product design looks similar except that this comes in a pump top with a plastic cap.


[INGREDIENTS ANALYSIS] Water, Glycerin, Alcohol, Sorbitol, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Lauryl Glucoside, Alpha-Glucan Oligosaccharide, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Leaf Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Artemisia Vulgaris Extract, Nelumbo Nucifera Leaf Extract, Lactic Acid, Chrysanthemum Morifolium Flower Extract, Citrus Unshiu Peel Extract, Adenophora Stricta Root Extract, Coix Lacryma-Jobi Ma-yuen Seed Extract, Glycine Max (Soybean) Sprout Extract, Dioscorea Japonica Root Extract, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Extract, Houttuynia Cordata Extract, Paeonia Suffruticosa Root Extract, Lycium Chinense Root Extract, Angelica Tenuissima Root Extract, Honey, Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract, Terminalia Chebula Fruit Extract, Butylene Glycol, Propanediol, Sodium Benzoate, Fragrance



The Free & Free Soft Foam contains much more beneficial ingredients than Free & Free. Among which, the patented oligo-lacto care system, witch hazel leaf extract, calendula flower extract, artemisia vulgaris extract, lotus leaf extract, chrysanthemum morifolium flower extract, coix seed extract, and so on. All of these are very commonly seen anti-inflammatory botanical extracts, especially calendula and chrysanthemum. The feminine wash uses very gentle cleansing agents, such as cocamidopropyl betaine, lauryl glucoside and so on hence leaving the skin clean and soft. 


Ingredients-wise, I think the Free & Free Soft Foam has much more beneficial ingredients for your private area but it is hard to judge from mere ingredients list so we will go to the performance part.



The product dispenses soft (really soft) and rich foam. It feels really gentle on your skin. You don't have to rub it on your skin like the Free & Free because the bubble brings away all dirt and impurities. This product, just as its sibling, can really balance out and cleanse my private area. In fact, I think it works slightly better at cleansing although the Free & Free is more gentle and works better at balancing out those area.

CONCLUSION


In short, I think both products are highly similar in terms of main ingredients used, performance, and effectiveness. Their only differences are texture and scent. I prefer the scent and how gentle the Free & Free feels on my skin whereas the Soft Foam does better at cleansing and is more convenient to use. I think it is really up to your own judgement which one you'll be getting. I think I might end up repurchasing the Free & Free because I like the smell and I think it lasts me a little longer.


Overall impression: ★★★★ (for both products)
Repurchasing: ★★★★ (for Free & Free)
You can get this from: Gmarket | Koreadepart | Testerkorea
[Disclaimer] Product is purchased with my own money. All copyright of contents and images in this article is strictly mine.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...