5 Jul 2017

Review: Dear by Enprani Bounce Cheese Cream


Have you tried Idiyappam? If so, then you must be familiar with seeing things get pulled into long, long stings. That doesn't just happen to food, but also to cosmetics as well. This Dear by Enprani Bounce Cheese Cream, which is made of 10% whey protein is a unique cream in my opinion. Not only is it super moisturizing, it also has this interesting texture that can be pulled into long stings. Say cheese~



I got this product from Gmarket. It is packed in a plain and nice box. Kinda pretty in my opinion.


It comes in a nice little spatula.


The cream is packed in a beautiful golden packaging. You can tell that this is a high end cream just from the packaging. This is retails for about KRW 28,000, which is equivalent to roughly RM 80-100.


Like its Tone Up Booskin counterpart, this doesn't contain any English information whatsoever on the packaging. All information I gathered is from its English website or English retailer selling it.


It comes with a lid but not sealed.


You can see how bouncy and creamy the cream is by the moment you take off the lid. Full of luxury! It is like loads of vitality packed in a creamy and bouncy paste. Yummy.


Although the texture may look rich and creamy, but it is actually very lightweight and fast absorbing. I find it fun patting the cream for absorption on my skin. It is just nice. This cream leaves a moist and slightly tacky finish but no stickiness whatsoever. You will just see how the cream gets absorbed completely into your skin without leaving a trace.


Yummy and bouncy texture. It can be pulled into long stings in your hand.

INGREDIENTS (ANALYSIS)


Water, Whey, Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycereth-26, Dipentaerythrityl Hexa C5-9 Acid Esters, Cetearyl Alcohol, Shea Butter, Polyglyceryl-3 Methylglucose Distearate, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Honey Extract, Glycol Stearate, Stearic Acid, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Arachidyl Alcohol, Behenyl Alcohol, Arachidyl Glucoside, PEG-100 Stearate, PEG/PPG-19/19 Dimethicone, Dimethicone, Sodium Polyacrylate, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/Vp Copolymer, Polyacrylate-13, Mineral Water, Rose Flower Oil, Geranium Oil, German Iris Root Extract, Jasmine Flower Extract, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Cedrus Atlantica Wood Oil, Lemongrass Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Ylang Ylang Flower Oil, Orange Peel Oil, Cinnamomum Camphora (Camphor) Bark Oil, Dipropylene Glycol Polyisobutene, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Hyaluronate, Adenosine, Disodium EDTA, CI 19140 , CI 15985, Caprylyl Glycol, Caprylhydroxamic Acid, Phenoxyethanol

As expected, a lot of texture ingredients like emulsifiers, emollients, solvents, surfactants, and so on. Whey is a natural protein derived from milk. It has skin repairing, moisturizing, and also some gentle exfoliating properties due to its lactic acid content. It can restore the skin's pH and moisture barrier due to its probiotic qualities. Its major function here in addition to its nutrition value is its water-binding and emollient properties.

There are also shea butter, honey, and several fragrance oils. Shea butter and honey are both known soothing ingredient with moisturizing properties. They are also commonly used in moisturizer for moisturizing benefits. I am not sure why the fragrance oil is added but perhaps it is there to give this cream its unique aroma. Many of these oils are antioxidants and are flagged green on CosDNA so it should not cause any complications for the skin.

PERFORMANCE


I have been using this cream for several weeks and I must say that it may not suit my skin type very well. I am not saying that this is not a good cream, I think it is really well-made but it is a bit too rich for my normal-to-dry skin. It gets absorbed by the skin really well, but at the same time it will also leave a little bit of tackiness due to its emollients and whey content, which I don't like. I feel that I am pulling my skin in the process of trying to smooth this across my skin for absorption. And my skin doesn't feel particularly hydrated, only moisturized. I prefer something that does both, like Belif Aqua Bomb, Primary Raw Cream and Huxley Fresh and More.

CONCLUSION

Actually I am very intrigued by this whey cream, which is why I bought it at the first place without even trying it out first. I love its Tone Up Booskin counterpart, but not really this Bounce Cheese Cream. I find it a little bit too rich for my skin, but I do agree that as a moisturizing cream, it is surprisingly lightweight. Between Belif Moisturizing Bomb and Dear by Enprani Bounce Cheese Cream, I prefer Dear by Enprani. It gets absorbed into the skin completely, and the texture is really nice. You can't find something like that elsewhere. It is kinda similar to J.One Jelly Pack but I am a bit backed off by J.One because I don't makeup a lot and I don't like the tackiness it leaves. Similarly, I don't like the tackiness of this cream and I don't enjoy pulling my skin whenever I try to smooth this over my face. Dry and mature skin will like it better I believe.

Pros:
- gorgeous packaging
- smells nice (like essential oil blend)
- unique texture
- fast absorbing, lightweight
- contains whey protein, a natural AHA and skin firming ingredient

Cons:
- not easily accessible
- leaves a tacky finish
- not very blendable/spreadable

Overall impression: ★
Repurchasing: ☆
You can get this from: Gmarket | Koreadepart | Memebox
[Disclaimer] Product is purchased with my own money. All copyright of contents and images in this article is strictly mine.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...