3 Jul 2017

Review: Hanyul Pure Artemisia Feminine Care Gel and Pure Artemisia Cleansing Foam


There isn't much you can talk about feminine wash. Not every woman is using it, or find it necessary. I am brought under this awareness that feminine cleanser is not really necessary, or is formulated similar to cleanser. In today's review, I want to compare two Artemisia products from Hanyul, one of it is its feminine wash and the other one normal cleanser. I want to see whether or not there is a distinctive difference between the two, and whether or not this feminine wash has vastly improved the hygiene of my bikini area.



Let's first look at the Hanyul Pure Artemisia Feminine Care Gel.



I bought this from Gmarket, but many places including Koreadepart, Testerkorea and Yesstyle are selling it as well. It is pretty pricey, definitely in the range of RM 50-100 depending on the stores and discounts it have.



The product is a bulky bottle that comes with a pump top. It is light green, most artemisia product is packed this way. The product dispenses clear gel that smells strongly herbal. I find it kinda slippery or hot when you apply it on your skin, much like other Hanyul products. It is a bit difficult to lather, you will still feel that this is a thin layer of moisture film on your skin. Personally, I don't like anything like that.

INGREDIENTS (ANALYSIS)

 Water, Glycerin, Lauryl Glucoside, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Lauryl Glucose Carboxylate, Artemisia Vulgaris Extract, Artemisia Princeps Leaf Water, Cnidium Officinale Root Extract, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Extract, Houttuynia Cordata Extract, Angelica Acutiloba Root Extract, Beta-Glucan, Dioscorea Japonica Root Extract, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Sprout Extract, Lactic Acid, Betaine, Acetyl Glucosamine, Disodium EDTA, Butylene Glycol, Citric Acid, Propanediol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Benzoate, Fragrance


Basic ingredients apart from water and glycerin are cocamidopropyl betaine, lauryl glucoside, and sodium lauryl glucose carboxylate. These are all cleansing agents that are quite safe to use on the skin without any warning on irritability and comedogenity. There is some research associating cocamidopropyl betaine to irritation and allergy but it is still relatively gentler than many surfactants out there in the market.

Hanyul Pure Artemisia Feminine Care Gel has a pH of 4.5

Then we have all the extracts such as artemisia vulgaris extract and leaf water, cnidium officinale root extract, rice extract, horse chestnut extract, dang gui herbal extract, soybean sprout and many more. If you read my review on Hanyul Rice products, these are what I call the less-expensive-than ginseng, but relatively well-known Asian herbs with many medical benefits. There has been relatively fewer research (especially in English) on the skincare efficacy of these hanbang ingredients. Many are reported to be antioxidants and anti-inflammatory, but there are tonnes of ingredients that are also antioxidants and anti-inflammatory, so what's so special about these? First, they are herbs, and we tend to associate "naturalness" with herbs. Many girls are sold on the ideas of having herbs than some kinds of chemicals on their bodies. We often go to Chinese medical hall to get ourselves some herbal ingredients after menstruation or when we are feeling unwell to balance up our body and make us feel better. My Chinese medical practitioners advise me to wash my body and hair during menstruation using artemisia as well. This ingredient is also commonly used in Asia during pregnancy and menstruation to soothe the womb and help clearing off waste inside the body.



Next, we look at Hanyul Pure Artemisia Cleansing Foam.


The one I got is a miniature from my other Hanyul purchases. I think I am glad that I dint get the full size because this product is definitely not something I would repurchase!

Hanyul Pure Artemisia Cleansing Foam has a pH of 7~8

As you can see, it foams up thick and well but not bouncy, so you can expect that it is kinda stripping and not at all moisturizing on the skin. I find foaming cleanser with non-bouncy and thick foam kinda harsh and drying on the skin. It is not a theory, but rather more like a personal experience with many products I've used.

INGREDIENTS (ANALYSIS)

Water, Glycerin, Myristic Acid, Stearic Acid, Peg-32, Potassium Hydroxide, Glyceryl Stearate, Peg-100 stearate, Artemisia Princeps Leaf Water, Betula Platyphylla Japonica Juice, Beta-Glucan, Cnidium Officinaleroot Extract, Angelica Acutiloba Root Extract, Disodium EDTA, Lauryl Glucoside, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Sodium Hydroxide, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Polyquaternium-7, Propanediol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Benzoate, Fragrance

All of these are different than the Feminine Care Gel. Main surfactants are different too. Here we have the harsher and more stripping myristic and stearic acid. But it is understandable since the texture and all of this Cleansing Foam is different than the Feminine Care Gel. I am just surprised that this averagely-priced cleanser uses these two as the main cleansing agents. I think I will be better off with my Hada Labo or even Senka ones. There is nothing to champion either particularly about this cleanser. For something at this price, this shows to be exceedingly average with some herbal extracts that won't last any minutes longer on your skin. So.. yeah.

PERFORMANCE


I do this comparison review just to support or falsify the hypothesis that feminine wash is the same as face wash. Well, theoretically I think they are the same. But aren't body shampoo, hair shampoo, and anything in the cleansing line theoretically the same as well? That doesn't make feminine wash any less necessary if I happen to have bikini area with disrupted moisture barrier.

If you look at the ingredients, of course the feminine gel is much better. The cleansing foam is just a sad expensive disaster that anyone should avoid. So ingredients-wise, feminine wash and face wash are NOT the same. How about performance? I think I see NO major difference using this Hanyul Feminine Wash on my private area. My skin doesn't suddenly become more balance or less itchy due to some bacterial activities. Any body shampoo with the label pH 5.5 can help balancing up my skin at those places too so there is nothing too special about this Hanyul one.

So how about other feminine wash? I have tried a few, from local brands and Korean brands Primera. I must say that I like Primera ones a lot better and I find it working kinda well on my private area. It won't suddenly get rid of all the bacteria things but it will moisturize and is less stripping than normal cleanser. Local brands are less impressive though I must say but of course they are cheaper.

CONCLUSION


In short, I think anyone with itchiness or disrupted "ecosystem" in your private area can give feminine wash a try. It is less stripping, more moisturizing and is designed specifically for those areas. I would not recommend Hanyul personally because I find it annoyingly warming (like I am doing SPA on those area) and not as effective as Primera. I think if you don't have problems in those area, it is best if you just wash it with normal water or your pH 5.5 body shampoo. You don't have to spend extra if things aren't broken.

Overall Impression: ★★
Will I repurchase? ☆

As for the Hanyul Pure Artemisia Cleansing Foam, I think it is a total failure and doesn't worth the money you are paying for at all. It is stripping, expensive, has really-average-ingredients and kinda drying on the skin. I think Senka at 1/6 its price is a better choice.

Overall Impression: ☆
Will I repurchase? ☆

That's it for today, I hope you enjoy my review and I am wishing you good luck in your beauty hunt!


You can get this from: Koreadepart | Testerkorea | Aritaum | Gmarket
[Disclaimer] Products are purchased with my own money. All copy right of contents and images in this article is strictly mine.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...