12 Jul 2017

Review: The History of Whoo Cheongidan Hwa Hyun Essence and Jinyulyang Jinyul Eye Cream


This is not a conventional review because the products I got here are just miniatures. But considering the cost of getting real products from The History of Whoo, I think some of you may understand why I only go for the miniatures. It is VERY EXPENSIVE.

The History of Whoo is a luxury cosmetic brand in Korea. The brand owner LG Group is commissioned by the Korean government to create a national luxury skincare brand that fully embodies Korean traditions. The brand was subsequently launched in 2003. It contains all the luxury herbs imaginable in its products, some I can't name. The term "whoo" resembles the empresses of the East-Asian royal courts, which in other words, symbolizing that this is a cosmetic brands use only by the empresses.

I want to talk about two products I got here: The History of Whoo Cheongidan Hwa Hyun Essence 8ml (NP: RM 1,130 / 50ml) and The History of Whoo Jinyulhyang Jinyul Eye Cream 4ml (NP: RM 560 / 20ml). A simple math will tell that these miniatures cost RM 623.76, can you imagine that?????


The History of Whoo Cheongidan Hwa Hyun Essence


This is an anti-aging essence under the premium anti-aging line Cheongidan. It can help to even out your skin's complexion and balance out the moisture and oil levels of the skin. It has skin revitalizing properties with its ginseng and powdered jade mixture, deer antlers, and gold extracts. Basically, a highly nourishing yet fast-absorbing essence with the ability to revitalize, rejuvenate and brighten up the skin complexion.

You can tell that this is a premium line just by the packaging. Even a 8ml worth of essence is packed in this beautiful bottle that fully illustrates the brand's standard.

The essence comes in a golden and highly nourishing serum consistency. You'll be pleased with how fast this absorbs into your skin given how nourishing it is. The serum smells absolutely gorgeous like some kind of sweet herb. Can you imagine sweet-smelling herbs?

I have finished using the entire essence for 2 weeks using it quite sparingly days and nights. I must be very honest with you guys that I didn't see any effects. My fine lines, wrinkles, laugh lines, and skin complexion doesn't improve after that 2 weeks testing period. My skin also doesn't become plumper, elasticity improved and all that. I am a bit disappointed considering that 50ml of this would cost me more than RM 1,000 and how little it delivers.



I also done a comparison with the more popular Ja Saeng Essence, which I find is doing a better job softening, revitalizing, and rejuvenating my skin than this. In short, I prefer Ja Saeng over this Hwa Hyun Essence.

The History of Whoo Jinyulyang Jinyul Eye Cream


The History of Whoo Jinyulyang Jinyul Eye Cream is another premium anti-aging line designed for mature skin. It is made of a blend of red wild ginseng extract (which is reflected in the packaging) to hydrate, tighten, and revitalize the eye area.

The eye cream is a soft balm that will melt into your eyes area with simple massaging. It will form a nice protective film over your eyes to help it holds moisture for longer and better. The product has a very mild sweet herbal scent to it, not disturbing but not one of my favourite.

To be honest, I like this eye cream better than the Hwa Hyun Essence, but I don't think it worth RM 560. Belif ones are around RM 200 and those work equally nice. With RM 560, you might as well consider SK-II RNA Eye Cream with this unique magic wand technology! I won't say that it reduce my fine lines but at least the lines aren't getting deeper and new ones don't pop up. There is a tad bit of improvement in term of my dark circles in the past 3 weeks of using this as well. Overall, a nice eye cream but I won't get this if it costs me RM 560.

CONCLUSION


I just try to make this a sweet and short but comprehensive reviews about some of these really expensive The History of Whoo products. I know you cannot find a lot of reviews out there about their performance and such, so I be the volunteer here. But keep in mind that my reviews are based on miniatures I got from my aunts so they may be different from individuals using the standard products. But there is also a saying that it takes only 2-4 weeks to tell if a product is good, and I believe my 2-3 weeks testing period is a nice one to test the efficacy of these products. So far, they don't impress (only their packaging does) so I don't think I'm gonna repurchase. I will, however, repurchase the Ja Saeng Essence, which I think is a wonderful nourishing moisturizing and anti-aging serum.


Overall impression: ★★ (hwa hyun essence); ★★★☆ (eye cream)
Repurchasing: ☆ (hwa hyun essence); ★ (eye cream)
You can get this from: Gmarket | The History of Whoo | Testerkorea
[Disclaimer] Product is purchased with my own money. All copyright of contents and images in this article is strictly mine.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...