6 Jul 2017

Review: Manyo Factory Ultra Moist Ampoule


Korean has many emerging brands that are catching our eyes recently. That's a good thing actually because you can still get something different from the two big cosmetic heads Amore Pacific and LG dominate the industry. This Manyo Factory is one of these new Korean brands that are coming under the kbeauty-lovers' attention. Its most popular product is its Niacin which is consisted of fermented yeast extract and 2% niacinamide. I could not get hold of the Niacin so I opted for this Ultra Moist Rebirth Ampoule instead. I wanted something moisturizing so I thought of giving this a try.




The product comes in a nice and neat box. It is kinda similar to many dermatologist brands like Kiehl's, Belif, Neogence, Dr. Wu and so on. No cute design or fancy marketing vows to capture the consumers. It tells you that it has nothing more than HA to add moisture into your skin.



The product comes in a dropper form, which dispenses clear and slightly viscous liquid onto your skin that gets absorbed almost immediately after you smooth it across your skin. It will leave a little bit of tackiness on the back of my hand but on my skin, it feels just right. I can layer at least one more serum and a cream on top afterward. There is no scent whatsoever to the product. You are reminded to finish this within 6 months from opening because the product doesn't contain any comprehensive preservative system.


A small digging at its official website will reveal that this is a moisturizing serum. It calls itself  Ampoule but I think it is more like a serum-type product. It contains a whopping 30% of low molecular weight hyaluronic acid, which makes this super moisturizing yet not sticky like normal hyaluronic acid containing products.


Hyaluronic acid (HA) is a commonly used ingredient. Almost every product has some form of HA, and it is there to add moisture into your skin. But HA due to its humectant properties can also draw moisture from your skin if your surrounding is dry. So I would advise that you follow it up with a proper cream or avoid using it in dry winter or air-conditioned room. If you use it properly, HA with its ability to hold up to 1,000 times moisture of its own molecular size will significantly improve the texture of your skin, making it appears more youthful and plump, while at the same time mitigate many dehydration-related issues such as pigmentation, oiliness, redness and itchiness. As such, it can also address multiple signs of aging, skin troubles, inflammation and dryness.

INGREDIENTS ANALYSIS

Sodium Hyaluronate, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Water, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Water, Citrus Aurantium amara (Bitter Orange) Flower Water, Bambusa Vulgaris Sap, Betula Alba Juice, Trehalose, Myrothamnus Flabellifolia Leaf Extract, Niacinamide, Hyacinthus Orientalis Extract, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Zanthoxylum Piperitum Fruit Extract, Pulsatilla Koreana Extract, Usnea Barbata (Lichen) Extract, Adenosine.


Main ingredient is HA, which is kinda impressive because even Hada Labo essence is not as concentrated as this, and both products are priced more or less the same. Then we have rosemary leaf water, matricaria flower water, bitter orange flower water, bamboo sap water, trehalose, niacinamide, and many more, which are recognized as botanical ingredients with anti-inflammatory benefits. Among which, bamboo sap water and hydrolyzed collagen are both effective at filling the skin with moisture. Birch sap water is also added here, and it is an ingredient used in many lightweight moisturizing lotion for its excellent moisture-retenting and healing properties. Niacinamide is also added to increase the elasticity of the skin. I don't think any of these ingredients can do any effective job against pigmentation so I don't endorse the anti-pigmentation claims in the official website. But I do agree that this is a very well-made HA serum to soften, moisturize, soothe and delay premature signs of aging.

PERFORMANCE


I have used this for about 2 months, with approximately 70% left. I don't use this everyday, only as and when needed. I think if I can finish this within 2-3 months if I use it morning and night. Normally I don't review about a product that fast, unless if I think I won't change my mind on it. I think this is a pretty nice moisturizing serum. It is made of simple yet effective botanical blend with a focus on anti-inflammatory and moisturizing botanical extracts. Main ingredient is hyaluronic acid, which is the least likely to cause irritation to the skin and is readily available. I do find that my skin appears more calm, plump and moisturized whenever I use this ampoule. The texture is pleasant too as it gets absorbed almost immediately into the skin. However, what I fail to see is visible improvement to my skin texture and tone. I don't see any visible brightening or radiant effects. My skin may feel comfortable whenever I use this, but many other moisturizing serum does that too, and they do other things as well. This is just a boring serum that does the most basic thing you need for your skin - moisturizing.

CONCLUSION


Actually I don't really like this product, and quite regret buying it. It costs me about RM 120 including shipping from Testerkorea, which I don't think it is worth the price and the rave. It is definitely a nice HA serum, but many products contain HA not just this. I expect it to do things like deep moisturizing or hydrating but it doesn't have those. It is just like Hada Labo Lotion or Essence, and you can get Hada Labo at cheaper prices in Malaysia. I think I might as well get the Niacin. And the fact that I must finish this within 6 months also annoy me a little. There is no preservative in this product, I don't know how they preserve it, maybe some of these botanical extracts have anti-bacterial properties. I think if you have very sensitive and dehydrated skin, you'll benefit a lot from this. But other than that, I don't think you really need to spend so much on a boring serum like this.

Pros:
- nice ingredients list (no preservatives, so good for sensitive skin)
- moisturizing

Cons:
- expensive for the results it give
- boring
- not easily accessible
- short shelf life


Overall impression: ★★★☆
Repurchasing: ☆
You can get this from: Koreadepart | Ebay | SweetCorea
[Disclaimer] Product is purchased with my own money. All copyright of contents and images in this article is strictly mine.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...