4 Jul 2017

Review: Neogen Real Fresh Foam Cleanser Cereal


This Neogen foam cleanser is quite popular in US and Asia, especially among the Korean beauty community thanks to the kbeauty curator Soko Glam. There are four flavours in total, namely blueberry, cranberry, cereal and green tea. Green tea is the best, or most sought-after one out of all four, and is also the most reviewed. So when I thought about giving this foam cleanser a try, I opt for the cereal one instead of green tea. I love cereal of course, but I think you don't need another review on green tea so why don't I just take the less-taken road?



I got mine from Hermo, but I also saw it available at local stores selling Korean products (mostly dupes for popular Korean products under the brands Bio Aqua, Ximiso etc. Those who are experienced will tell that they are dupes, but interestingly they carry the real Neogen Foam Cleanser, although I am not quite sure if the one they carry is authentic.



Anyway, back to the product. Basically, Neogen is also known as Neogen Dermalogy, which sells mostly dermatological formulated beauty products to bring high quality cosmetics to its consumers. They carry many products including peeling pads, foam cleanser and cleansing water. They also formulate a really nice no-white-cast, zinc dioxide-infused sunscreen that I adore. They are just like the Korean version of Kiehl's, Neogence, and Dr. Wu.



INGREDIENTS (ANALYSIS)

Oryza Sativa (Rice) Seed Water, Oryza Sativa (Rice), Saponaria Officinalis Leaf Extract, Potassium Cocoyl Glycinate, Glycerin, Methylglucamine, Lauric Acid, Sapindus Trifoliatus Fruit  Extract, C12-14 Pareth-12, Myristic Acid, Propylene Glycol, Olive Oil PEG-7 Esters, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Peg-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Ethylhexylglycerin, Caprylyl Glycol, Tropolone, Citric Acid, Trehalose, Allantoin, Acetyl Glucosamine, Moringa Pterygosperma Seed Extract, Plankton Extract, Vaccinium Myrtillus Fruit/Leaf Extract, Saccharum Officinarum(Sugar Cane) Extract, Acer Saccharum (Sugar Maple) Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis(Orange) Fruit Extract, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Carica Papaya(Papaya) Fruit Water, Gypsophila Paniculata Root Extract, Panthenol, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Achillea Millefolium Extract, Gentiana Lutea Root Extract, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Hamamelis Virginiana(Witch Hazel) Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Tricholoma Matsutake Extract, Cordyceps Sinensis Extract, Citrus Paradisi (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Pisum Sativum (Pea) Extract, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Saururus Chinensis Leaf/Root Extract, Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Artemisia Absinthium Extract, Broussonetia Kazinoki Bark Extract, Lactobacillus/Aspergillus/Prunus Mume Fruit Ferment Filtrate, Lactobacillus/Punica Granatum Fruit Ferment Extract, Lactobacillus/Soybean Ferment Extract, Lactobacillus/Nelumbo Nucifera Seed Ferment Filtrate, Aristotelia Chilensis Fruit Extract, Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Fruit Extract, Chrysanthemum Sibiricum Extract, Psidium Guajava Fruit Extract, Laminaria Japonica Extract, Caulerpa Lentillifera Extract, Hibiscus Esculentus Fruit Extract, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Malt Extract, Passiflora Edulis Fruit Extract, Averrhoa Carambola Fruit Extract, Chenopodium Quinoa Seed Extract, Dioscorea Japonica Root Extract, Forsythia Suspensa Fruit Extract, Laminaria Digitata Extract, Acorus Calamus Root Extract, Lithospermum Erythrorhizon Root Extract, Nelumbo Nucifera Flower Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Angelica Gigas Root Extract, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Cornus Officinalis Fruit Extract, Schizandra Chinensis Fruit Extract, Asparagus Cochinchinensis Root Extract, Amber Extract, Pinus Densiflora Extract, Hydrolyzed Coral, Tremella Fuciformis (Mushroom) Extract, Sarcodon Aspratus Extract, Ledebouriella Seseloides Root Extract, Lepidium Meyenii Root Extract, Paeonia Lactiflora Root Extract, Citrus Junos Fruit Extract, Chaenomeles Sinensis Fruit Extract, Oryza Sativa(Rice) Bran Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Flower Extract, Hippophae Rhamnoides Extract, Garcinia Mangostana Peel Extract, Magnolia Liliflora Flower Extract, Angelica Dahurica Root Extract, Angelica Archangelica Root Extract, Uncaria Tomentosa Extract, Lilium Tigrinum Extract, Laurus Nobilis Leaf Extract, Musa Sapientum (Banana) Fruit Extract, Cnidium Officinale Root Extract, Atractyloides Japonica Rhizome Extract, Salicornia Herbacea Extract, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Fruit Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Opuntia Ficus-Indica Extract, Swiftlet Nest Extract, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Fruit Extract, Honey Extract, Linum Usitatissimum (Linseed) Seed Extract, Agaricus Blazei Extract, Plumeria Rubra Flower Extract, Melissa Officinalis Leaf Extract, Cymbopogon Citratus Extract, Citrus Unshiu Peel Extract, Disodium EDTA, Safflower Yellow, Gardenia Red, Fragrance



Neogen Real Fresh Foam Cleanser in Cereal contains mainly rice seed water, rice extract, soapweed extract, and some really gentle cleansing agents. The list is really long, which I have no idea why. I don't think the more the better but maybe they just combine several specifically formulated "potions" together, making this a big delicious potion. Most of these are safe to use on the skin, which I am quite impressed. Normally, skincare with long list will have a few potentially irritating or acne-causing flagged ingredients but not this. Some commonly used cleansing agents such as lauric acid, myristic acid, olive oil derivatives, cocamidopropyl betaine, and so on are flagged orange but since you are gonna wash them away I think you dont have to worry about them too much.

Neogen claims that this cleanser can brighten and hydrate the skin at the same time. Well, since main ingredient is rice bran and rice bran is known for its ability to gently exfoliate, brighten and moisturize the skin, I think the claims are true to some extent. I don't think a cleanser will do any magic to brighten up the skin tone but at least it is helping to slough off some dirt and dead skin cells at the cleansing step, and that is good. It is just like how you always polish your shoes using quality product. Day by day, your shoes will look better than those people who don't do that.


The cleanser dispenses into rich and slightly bouncy foam. I think I am a bit aggressive when I first use it. I pump a handful (one full pump) and at the end of the month I only have about 1/3 left so I start pumping less now and find that the foam is more than enough to cleanse my entire face. I think if you pump like half a pump a day this foam cleanser will last you for about 2-3 months. It won't last you for a very long time though, if you compare that to normal foaming cleanser that comes in a creamy paste.



The pH says something around 6.0 to 6.5, which is mild in my opinion.

PERFORMANCE


Having used this for about 2 months now, with roughly 20% left in the bottle, I think this is a nice foaming cleanser but not something I would repurchase. First of all, I finish this thing quite fast, so it is kinda a high maintenance product like Primary Raw. And the entire process is not pleasant either. It will sting my eyes every time I use it. I am not sure why, but this seems to sting my eyes more often than other cleansers I use. And my face always feels not properly cleansed. I am not sure is it just me who keeps thinking about it, but I really feel that there is still dirt left inside my pores. If there is really something that I love, it should be the scent. This smells like some fresh grass scent which I thoroughly enjoy.

CONCLUSION


I want to love this foam cleanser, I really do. It looks cute, it is not too expensive, many people are raving about it, and it smells really nice. But I don't think it worths another purchase because it finishes quite fast and I don't quite enjoy the process of using it. My skin doesn't feel "clean", I have more breakouts than I previously do (but it may be due to my hectic lifestyle), and I finish it fast (which means I need to constantly repurchasing it). Yeah... sad but I hafta say goodbye to this cleanser.

Pros:
- cute packaging (I love the bottom design)
- smell nice (fresh grass scent)
- averagely priced
- gentle ingredients

Cons:
- stings my eyes
- doesn't cleanse my skin well
- finishes fast

Overall Impression: ★★★
Will I repurchase? ★ (I might for the scent lols)
You can get this from: Hermo | Ximiso | Testerkorea
[Disclaimer] Product is purchased with my own money. All copy right of contents and images in this article is strictly mine.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...