2 Aug 2017

Review: Laneige White Dew Milky Cleanser, Skin Refiner, Original Ampoule Essence, Emulsion and Tone-up Cream


Laneige came out with a new "White Dew" line early this year, which is the renewed version of its "White Plus Renew" line. The name "white dew" also shows that dewy skin has become a trend in Asian beauty community nowadays. Women no longer demand for whiter skin, they want dewier and more chok-chok looking skin!

I am actually half excited and half sad to hear about the reformulation. If you follow my blog, you'll notice that I talked about how effective the Laneige White Plus Renew Original Essence at reducing my dark spots and evening out my complexion. Whilst excited to try out this new launching, I am also a bit worried that it would not be as good as the White Plus Renew.

In this review, I am gonna share my thought on 5 Laneige White Dew miniatures / samples that I got from my Testerkorea haul earlier. I have used them for roughly 2 weeks and below are my thoughts on them respectively.

You can read more about my thought on the old Laneige White Plus Renew line here.


THE WHITE DEW TECHNOLOGY



Instead of truffle and yeast, Laneige uses saururus chinensis this time to achieve its intended skin brightening effect. It also adds some phyto sugar water for additional moisturizing and toning up benefits. We all know that skin brightening products tend to be quite drying for our skin so Laneige tries to compensate that by enhancing the moisturizing properties of this product, to give you that chok-chok look!


Most products in this line use mainly herbal ingredients. The essence has some vitamin C added to it for dark spots reducing benefits. I think they do that because Asian women tend to favour "natural" skin brightening ingredients. They want brighter skin but are afraid of bleaching their skin with some unknown and potentially damaging "chemical ingredients". So this entire line is selling skin brightening products that are all natural, plant-based with skin moisturizing and brightening benefits.

Let's go through them one-by-one:

Laneige White Dew Milky Cleanser



I have mixed feelings on this cleanser. It says brightening cleansing so don't expect this to be very moisturizing or soothing. It feels like a more bubbly version of Hada Labo Whitening Foam Cleanser, but not as gentle as Hada Labo. Didn't see any so-called brightening or white dew effect. It is just an ordinary cleanser with a milky cream paste consistency that lathers well upon contacting the water.

[INGREDIENTS] Water, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Acrylates Copolymer, Potassium Cocoyl Glycinate, Propanediol, Coco- Glucoside, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Saururus Chinensis Extract, Raffinose, Panthenol, Trehalose, Yeast Extract, Disodium Edta, Butylene Glycol, Potassium Hydroxide, Polyquaternium-7, Peg-14m, Glyceryl Caprylate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Caprylyl/Capryl Glucoside, Sodium Benzoate, Fragrance


My skin doesn't feel particularly clean, moisturized or brightened after using this so I don't think I will repurchase in the future. It has a good pH level at 5.5 though for those of you who prefer low pH cleanser.

Laneige White Dew Skin Refiner


This is a milky essence toner that feels quite refreshing on the skin. It smells very nice like the old White Plus Renew toner. The consistency is light, with a little bit of body in it. My skin feels moist and supple after using the toner. I don't think it is very moisturizing but it definitely feels refreshing on the skin.

[INGREDIENTS ANALYSIS] Water, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Propanediol, Saururus Chinensis Extract, Yeast Extract, Niacinamide, Glyceryl Stearate, Raffinose, Cetearyl Alcohol, Squalane, Stearic Acid, Carbomer, Trehalose, Triethylhexanoin, Panthenol, Palmitic Acid, Potassium Hydroxide, Peg-20 Glyceryl Isostearate, Peg-60 Glyceryl Isostearate, Dimethicone, Disodium Edta, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance

I am not sure will I repurchase because although this feels nice on the skin, it doesn't really moisturize or hydrate. My skin doesn't feel more hydrated when I use this, if compared to other toners. The ingredients look nice though, with its patented saururus chinensis extract, yeast extract (which is also present in the White Plus Renew formula) and niacinamide. There are also plenty of moisturizers like propanediol, raffinose, squalane, panthenol, and so on. But again, unless if I want an essence toner (or viscous-toner) that focuses mostly on brightening, it is unlikely that I will repurchase. I like it though, but I prefer a more hydrating toner.

Laneige White Dew Original Ampoule Essence


This is one of Laneige's star products, which combines dark spot reducing and skin brightening benefits in a bottle. Basically you don't need a separate spot treatment using this. It has vitamin C and other herbal ingredients with skin brightening benefits. Consistency-wise, it is lightweight, fast-absorbing, and cosmetically pleasant to apply.

[INGREDIENTS ANALYSIS] Water, Propanediol, Polyglycerin-3, Butylene Glycol, Trehalose, Glycerin, Saururus Chinensis Extract, Raffinose, Yeast Extract, Panthenol, 3-O-Ethyl Ascorbic Acid, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Beta-Glucan, Acetyl Glucosamine, 1,2-Hexanediol, Glyceryl Caprylate, Dimethicone, Bis-Peg-18 Methyl Ether Dimethyl Silane, Cetearyl Olivate, Sodium Methyl Stearoyl Taurate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sorbitan Olivate, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/Vp Copolymer, Ethylhexylglycerin, Alcohol, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Peg-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Disodium Edta, Fragrance

This is an upgraded formula from the last White Plus Renew Original Essence, with vitamin C, saururus chinensis extract, and yeast. There is also propanediol, trehalose, panthenol, green tea, beta glucan, all of which are great skin repairing and moisturizing ingredients. I enjoy how this feels on my skin and have since repurchased a full size. Will post about my thought on it once I've tried it out!

Laneige White Dew Emulsion


This is an extremely lightweight, milky lotion that feels like essence when you apply. It is so lightweight that it gets absorbed completely into the skin without leaving a trace. It leaves behind a nice cushiony effect but I won't say that it holds moisture for long hours after using.

[INGREDIENTS ANALYSISWater , Propanediol , Glycerin , Butylene Glycol , Squalane , Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate , Saururus Chinensis Extract , Trehalose , Panthenol , Yeast Extract , Raffinose , C12-16 Alcohols , Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer , Dimethicone , Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer , Hydrogenated Lecithin , Glyceryl Caprylate , Polysorbate 20 , Xanthan Gum , Palmitic Acid , Tromethamine , Ethylhexylglycerin , Alcohol , Sodium Methyl Stearoyl Taurate , Disodium Edta , Fragrance

Judging from the ingredient, this looks like an essence emulsion with its saururus chinensis extract content. I think this is a good compliment for all of you who loves lotion or emulsion. I don't like lotion but I really enjoy the texture of this product. Not sure if I will repurchase because I still prefer something more moisturizing instead of just brightening. Maybe I will get this if I buy the toner.

Laneige White Dew Tone-up Cream


This is a tone-up cream, which is like a skin tone corrector or highlighter in the form of skincare. Many brands like Goodal, Dr. Jart+ and Cloud9 have their own skin tone up products. I like this kinda product much better than highlighter because it is still considered a skincare product and looks much more natural on the skin.

[INGREDIENTS ANALYSIS] Water, Propanediol, Hydrogenated Poly(C6-14 Olefin), Butylene Glycol, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Saururus Chinensis Extract, Trehalose, P Anthenol, Lauroyl Lysine, Yeast Extract, Raffinose, Polysorbate 80, Dimethico Ne, Cyclohexasiloxane, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taura Te Copolymer, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/Vp Copoly Mer, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearic Acid, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Glyceryl Capryl Ate, Polyglyceryl-3 Methylglucose Distearate, Alumina, Disodium Edta, Ethylh Exylglycerin, Fragrance, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891)



Surprisingly, the titanium dioxide content in this product is really low despite how pigmented it is. Having said that, this would not be sufficient to function as a sunscreen (it is not anyway). Also, since titanium dioxide is bio-cumulative, you are advised to remove it with a cleansing water or cleansing oil in the evening. I normally won't use this overnight so I am not sure if you can use this at night. After all, who's gonna see my toned-up skin at night anyway, right? But I won't advise against using it at night since I've tried using one of these tone-up creams every night without any issues before.

The cream comes with a spongy puff that allows you to pick up adequate amount of the product and dab it onto your skin evenly. Your "makeup" will look much natural and evener this way. You can wash the puff with water with cleansing water or cleansing oil twice a month or as and when you need it.

I kinda enjoy using this cream and might consider repurchasing since it feels really natural without too much eye-brow raising ingredients. It is a great skin tone corrector for some "no-makeup" days!

FINAL THOUGHT



I must admit that my skin does appear brighter (even without the tone-up cream) whenever I am using this product. It is like a nice healthy radiant that normally comes from healthy diet and good rest. The only setback, I must say, is that it is not as hydrating or moisturizing as I expect. You still have to use something lightweight, hydrating and refreshing if you have normal skin like mine. I am not sure how it would feel for those with oily or combination skin. This line is also a bit different from Kose Sekkisei products. Kose Sekkisei always gives me a paler and whiter (toned up) look whereas this gives a more radiant and brighter look. If you want long-term results, Kose might be better but Laneige produces more "natural" results.

Out of all these products that I've tried, I have repurchased the Ampoule Essence. I am interested in repurchasing the Skin Refiner (and maybe the Emulsion) as well as the Tone-Up Cream depending on my budget and skin needs.

Overall, nice products I must say and  I would recommend it for Laneige lovers or anyone who loves the old Laneige White Plus Renew line! The White Dew line is good, if not better!


Overall impression / repurchasing:
cleanser - ★★★ / ★
toner - ★★★★ / ★★★★☆
essence - ★★★★★ / ★★★★★
lotion - ★★★★★ / ★★★★
cream - ★★★★☆ / ★★★★☆
You can get this from: Laneige Malaysia | Qoo10 | Testerkorea etc.
[Disclaimer] Products are purchased with my own money. All copyright of contents and images in this article is strictly mine.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...